Sunday, November 23, 2014

there is a God.

The other night I had the opportunity to camp out on the Salt Flats with some friends. I knew it would probably be freezing, but since I had never been out there I didn't want to miss out on a chance to see them.

When we finally reached the flats we drove out a ways and parked the cars to look around. 

We were met with a truly unique and beautiful view.

The flats were covered in a few inches of water in places and the sky was full of stars. Those stars reflected in the water at our feet. It was breath taking. In the morning we were met with equally beautiful spectacles.

I cannot look at those things without thinking that there is a loving God behind them - the author and architect of this universe. To me, the fact that such variety and exquisite beauty exist on this earth and in this universe testifies that God loves us and wants us to find joy in this life.

"All things denote there is a God; yea, even the earth, and all things that are upon the face of it, yea, and also all the planets which move in their regular form do witness there is a Supreme Creator." Alma 30:44




I testify that there is a God, and that he loves us. 


No comments:

Post a Comment