Sunday, July 6, 2014

time only is measured unto men.

I was reading in Alma 40, where Alma is teaching his son Corianton about the resurrection and what happens to us when we die. He talks about the timing of being resurrected, and what our spirits do between when we die and the time of our resurrection.

The end of verse 8 stuck out to me.

". . . all is as one day with God, and time only is measured unto men."

We - or I at least - have a very finite understanding of the eternity of time, and the timing of things. I'd like to better understand God's omniscience and comprehension of time - but that will probably require a considerable amount of learning, and a resurrected body. So for now, I take consolation in knowing that God sees everything: where I've been, what I'm going through, and the potential for my future.

Sometimes I find myself wishing that the blessings would come immediately - a direct and obvious correlation between an action and a blessing or confirmation.


But that's not what faith is, and that's not what trusting God is. That's not the purpose of this life.


God is good and he knows what is good for me. I know that he is in the details of our lives and is directing us to our happiness if we'll be patient and listen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment