Sunday, September 21, 2014

find your mountain.

One of the best things about this life is that we're different.

You're inherently better at some things than I am. You're more dedicated, more sincere, or more perceptive. You're better at serving, or sharing. And that's fine. We'll hopefully use those things we're better at to help and build those around us - you know, Zion.

I've addressed this subject numerous times - revelation - but I'd like to take a slightly different approach.

We all feel close to God in different ways - and that's because we're different. I've felt close to Him through music, through sharing beliefs with others, through testifying, being in the temple, being with family or friends, or being alone. The list goes on.

Today during the Ogden Temple Rededication, Elder Bednar talked about feeling close to God and feeling at home in the temple. It lined up with some stuff I've been thinking about recently.

Mostly, that often times, I feel close to God, and I feel his love, and I feel his awareness of me, when I am surrounded by his creations. This past summer I made a goal to take advantage of the beauty that is so readily available in Utah. It was one of my bigger accomplishments this summer.

There is a reason the temple is called The Mountain of the Lord. I think we all need to find where we personally feel closest to God. Then we can better feel his influence, his guidance, his approval, and his council.

I think many of us feel close to him when we see the beauty of his creation and how small we are comparative to this earth - which hopefully causes us to feel greater awe at God's love for us insignificant beings.

So, we're all different, we all feel close to God in different ways. I'm grateful that I've been able to find some of those ways - and that I've found my literal and figurative mountains.

No comments:

Post a Comment